From: Bernd Maier
Subject: Bug in GSAS-II
Date: November 13, 2015 at 2:39:36 AM CST
To: "Toby, Brian H." <t...@anl.gov<mailto:t...@anl.gov>>

Dear Brian,

there is a bug in GSAS-II:

Nuclear phase, space group R -3 c, phase calcite. The Oxygen atom sits on 18e
(z,0,0.25) with site symmetry .2 and multiplicity of 18. However, if I enter
the coordinates in GSAS-II (0.257 0 0.25) the site becomes 36f with site
symmetry 1.

Can you verify this?

All the best,
Bernd

Brian H. Toby, Ph.D.                            office: 630-252-5488
Advanced Photon Source Chief Computational Scientist
Senior Physicist/Computational X-ray Science Group Leader
9700 S. Cass Ave, Bldg. 401/B4192                 cell: 630-327-8426
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL 60439-4856         e-mail: brian dot toby at anl dot gov