Dear all,

I have defined a rigid body containing a mixed occupancy site, i.e., two sites
with the same coordinates and complementary occupancy. When I match up the
rigid body to my phase it only locks one of the mixed sites to the rigid unit,
even though both sites are defined in the rigid body XYZ file and also on the
Atoms tab for the phase. This would be fine if I could constrain the
x/y/z/Uiso/Frac parameters of the uncaptured site to the captured one, but the
usual constraints one would apply to a mixed site don't seem to work - so if I
refine the rigid body angle the uncaptured atom doesn't move with its partner,
regardless of the combination of refine flags I set on the Atoms tab (and
certain combinations cause GSAS2 to warn that constrained parameters are not
being refined together).

Can anyone advise how to achieve mixed occupancy in a rigid body? I don't mind
whether the solution involves constraints or including both sites in the rigid
unit.

Thanks in advance,
Josie

Dr Josie Auckett
Postdoctoral Researcher
Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Tel
Email
Web

+61 2 9717 3601
jos...@ansto.gov.au<mailto:jos...@ansto.gov.au>
http://www.ansto.gov.au/acns/

[ansto]

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the intended
addressee. It is confidential to the intended addressee and may contain
privileged information and or copyright material. If this email is not intended
for your attention, any use, printing, storage , reproduction or further
disclosure of this communication (including all attachments) is strictly
forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me by
telephone or email and immediately delete all copies of this transmission as
well as any attachments.