On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Alexander F Hartner
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there any change to include this in the next release ? I have tested this
> with version 2.7.10 and it doesn't work. Would it be possible to set a flag
> on the soap object to strip these problem characters automatically. Since
> the can't be sent (it seems) it doesn't make much sense to allow them ?
> Looking forward for your feedback
> Alex
> PS: It's 03:16 am here, so please excuse my comments if they seem pushy /
> silly.

These should NOT be stripped. In fact, Unicode 0x01 through 0x19 are
valid XML characters, although not valid in SOAP. They are always
supposed to be converted to entity representations for SOAP. (The same
applies to any byte that is not valid Unicode.) Be aware, though, that
even properly escaping these will cause some problems with .NET
applications, since .NET has a serious de/serialization bug: it
attempts to recover entities before it parses the XML, which results
in an error even though there is none in the resulting code.

(You can generate XML with .NET serialization that you cannot deserialize.)

-austin