I'm trying to understand the calc example by inspecting the network
traffic between client and server by using the WireShark network
analyser. I would expect that the client starts by sending a soap
request as a HTTP GET or HTTP POST message to the server (which  is
running in "standalone mode"). The problem is that i cannot see this
GET/POST request. I do see the soap method request "over the line",
but it does not seem to be enclosed by a HTTP envelope. The response
of the server looks as i would expect: a "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" message
with the result of the function call in the body of the message.
The example does work correctly, i do not understand why...
Does it have to to with the "standalone" operation, and that it
behaves different when run as a cgi program?

Can someone explain this behaviour?