2010/1/20 Cергей Cкуратов <skura...@ukr.net>:
> hello!
> if use "gst-launch playbin uri=file:///absolut/path/to/file", playbin use
> filesrc element by default.
> I'm created new file source, e.g. "newfilesrc", and I need that playbin use
> it. how can I do it?

In this particular case, you should explain why you want to replace
filesrc, and add the features you need to filesrc - or (more likely)
we can suggest a better way to accomplish your goals.

To more directly answer your question, playbin2 (you should be using
this instead of playbin) will select the highest-ranked element that
can handle the uri it's given, so you'd give your new element a higher
rank than filesrc.

Mike