Hi Antoine,

>I did not find anything about these files. What is the format of these files?
>Can local users control their share with these files?

The files in the sharing state directory describe the shares that exist on the
endpoint. These files are autogenerated when shares are created and are not
meant to be enduser created or modified. It is not possible for users to create
a share simply by attempting to create one of the sharing state files.

>If I install GridFTP server in my lab without Globus Online subscription, is
>it possible for a local user to :
>- control their own shares
>- grant access to $HOME/dir_A to a non local user named user_A
>- grant access to $HOME/dir_B to a non local user named user_B

Shares can only be created and used on Managed Endpoints, which are a type of
endpoint covered under a Globus Subscription. If your endpoint is not managed,
then it cannot host shares and users will not be able to creates shares based
on your endpoint.

You can read more about sharing here:

https://docs.globus.org/globus-connect-server-installation-guide/#sharing_section

You can read more about Globus Subscriptions here:

-Dan Powers

________________________________
I don't understand some points about sharing.

The documentation say :

 -sharing-state-dir string
Full path to a directory that will contain files used by GridFTP to control
sharing access for individual local accounts. ............ The default path is
$HOME/.globus/sharing/. ......

I did not find anything about these files. What is the format of these files?
Can local users control their share with these files?

If I install GridFTP server in my lab without Globus Online subscription, is it
possible for a local user to :
- control their own shares
- grant access to $HOME/dir_A to a non local user named user_A
- grant access to $HOME/dir_B to a non local user named user_B

Regards,
Antoine

--
Antoine Migeon

Centre de Calcul et Messageries
Pôle des Systèmes d'Information et des Usages du Numérique
Université de Bourgogne