Hi,

On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 18:44:59 +0200
"H. Nikolaus Schaller" <h...@goldelico.com> wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> > Am 05.04.2018 um 18:05 schrieb Sven Dyroff <s.dyr...@phytec.de>:
> >
> > Hello Nikolaus,
> >
> > > I have now booted my GTA04A4 and the orientation is completely correct.
> > > Hm. Maybe a subtle difference between GTA04A4 and A5? They use different
> > > accelerometer chips.
> >
> > something like that is what I already assumed. Would have wondered me if
> > some scaling factors would have gone lost by just rebuilding QtMoko...
> >
> > The bad news of this is, that I guess it will perhaps not be quite easy to
> > get the used behaviour from the GTA04A4 reproduced on the GTA04A5 again.
>
> Well, it is the task of the kernel to properly abstract from hardware
> differences and provide the same values to the user space.
>
> This seems not yet to be covered by our kernel driver patch set.

I would rather guess here that userspace just does not use that
information. But I will have to do research.

If there is such thing  only missing in our bridge, we
need to do some work anyways and I would
a) if bridge stuff has upstreaming chances, and it is easy to fix
there, then maybe it is a good idea to fix it there.
b) if not, I would rather try to switch to iio. At least there is a clean
interface.
We already have some iio scanning code for the pressure measurement, so
we can share some code.

At the moment my machine is building qte...

> > > there is even a short rumble if the ball hits the walls :) Nice.
> >
> > Yes, it's also a demonstration for the buzzer.
> >
> > You never tried that little but lovely game before?
>
> Probably once or twice since Neo Freerunner came out...
> That is too long ago to remember.
>
> You know I am designing hardware for gaming devices (e.g. Pyra handheld).
> This alone (incl. kernel hacking) is more than enough Adventure Game :)
>
> If you would ask me:
> * did you play "CAD" recently?
> * did you play "upstream to kernel.org" recently?
> * did you play "bug hunting" recently?
> * did you play "EOL component" recently?

* did you play "components out of stock" recently?

> etc. you'd get a lot of "yes".

well, me too.

Regards,
Andreas