Hi Radek,

> Am 06.04.2018 um 14:14 schrieb radek polak <pson...@seznam.cz>:
>

>> The main problem is to neatly (and automatically) get the built results
>> out of this virtual system.
>
> This is really easy. You can tell qemu to port forward guest ssh port:
>
> -redir tcp:22222::22
>
> Now you can ssh to qemu guest like:
>
> ssh -p 22222 root@localhost

Yes, it is the same as

ssh root@192.168.2.106

for the OMAP5EVM.

My automated build scripts can even start qemu and wait until it
is launched (after 5 minutes) and then exactly do these commands...

> And even mount it:
>
> sshfs -p 22222 root@localhost:/ /mnt/qemu
>
> And guest->host works automatically via qemu emulated network.

Indeed, qemu is the best variant of all emulations. But still
quite slow.

The next problem is to get a bootable image and kernel for it.
And update it if needed.

Well, I have such images [1], but they are not in sync with
the system we are building for. And it did never work to upgrade
to a Jessie system.

[1]: http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/qemu-wheezy-vexpress/

And one more thing: if your virtual machine hangs for whatever
reason and you simply kill the qemu the whole system may end up
in a state which is difficult to recover. I had it several times
that it did no longer boot from the disk image. That rarely happens
on real ARM hardware.

So you have sharp edges here and there. It turned out for me to
be much smoother to run the Letux OS kernel + rootfs on some OMAP
SBC than anything else.

> For me this worked perfectly and qemu was fast enough on my PC which is some
> Core i7. But probably today ARM machines native compiling is faster.

Much faster.

BR,
Nikolaus