Hi,

> Am 22.06.2018 um 00:07 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andr...@kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am just preparing my solution to remote power on a gta04, aka inserting
> battery.
> The reason I want to do it, is to do kernel tests at the magic night
> hour when all those pinctl bugs appear ;-) Or try several predefined
> partially-parallel insmod sequences at boot.

That would certainly help.

> I do not want to disassemble the gta04a5 too often, so a
> pseudobattery would be interesting. Especially since I want to do it
> on a more regular basis. Now I have prepared a microsd adapter with a
> fet to contact the spring battery contacts.
> I would fix it with a printed plastic block.

Interesting idea! Yes, the contact pads of an SD card are almost the
same distance as for the original battery. And SD card to µSD
adapters are cheap and easy to find in the scrap box.

> Of course the modem should not be used in such cases due to all the
> series resistance.

Yes, it would be a little high - at least for transmitting.

> Maybe the idea is interesting for someone. Does anyone have a
> better/another solution for such a thing?

Another idea could be to design a tiny PCB with gold contacts at the
right positions and solder holes for connecting cables. Basically
this is what is inside the HF08 battery.

So, it you have a broken HF08  battery, you could try to open it and
remove the battery cell (may be a little dangerous) and keep the package
and the tiny PCB with the bq27000. And connect cables instead of the
real battery. So you don't replace the HF08 battery but the cell inside.

But I don't know if it is possible to easily open the plastics case
and get it closed again.

> In earlier times I tried to use hex stainless steel screws for such
> tasks with just a lab power supply attached to measure power
> consumption of the 2.6.32 kernel, but I could not get the middle contact
> that way and the resistance of the whole thing was horrible high.
>
> Pictures:
> http://misc.andi.de1.cc/sd-abuse1.jpg
> http://misc.andi.de1.cc/sd-abuse2.jpg

Cool.

My approach is to operate a bare GTA04 board without case sitting on the
table and use some crocodile clips to connect to the battery contact
block from its backside. But in this case it is not easy to contact
the middle contact (HDQ).

BR,
Nikolaus