Hi,

sounds great. I have an addition
Assuming there is already some Alarn application running (as you propose cron),
there should be a check of it in the shutdown scripts. When the alarm is set,
then an rtc call would only have to ensure that the phone is running before
that and the rest will do the alarm software by itself (which has to be active
right after system boot)
So a user of the alarm application will not notice that there was something
special about turning off the phone. There should be a user interface defined
for that shutdown script. I like the idea, of a file which has the timestamps
at which point(s) in future the device should be up.

regards,
Thomas

Am 27. Juli 2018 09:23:21 MESZ schrieb "H. Nikolaus Schaller"
<h...@goldelico.com>:

>> Am 27.07.2018 um 09:14 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller
><h...@goldelico.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Am 26.07.2018 um 22:14 schrieb Andreas Kemnade
><andr...@kemnade.info>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just stumbled upon the fact that the device can be started by rtc
>>> alarm. So you can use it as an alarm clock without having the
>suspend
>>> current. So
>>> 1. turn off modem