Hello Nicolaus,

> So let's people popup here and tell they want to help to continue
QtMoko!

but the question is: On which hardware?

> As far as I know the Neo900 project has starved to death.

this is the basic problem. GTA04 cannot work with 4G and we all know that
2G as well as 3G frequencies will be switched off in the next couple of
years due to the needs for 5G. So GTA04 has no long-term future anymore.

Not to mention all the soldering problems with GTA04A5.

Neo900 would have been the consequent successor for the GTA04, because it
was the only project that reflected that in order to build a mobile phone
that you can trust to the most crucial thing is the modem. This project
planned to take precautions for every nastiness of which we know about at
least since Edward Snowden for driving its 4G modem. This still wouldn't
have been effective against some nastinesses of which even Edward Snowden
didn't know about, but that's another theme.

In my eyes all other projects like Librem5 are only bullshit. Their only
purpose is to cause confusion and to deflect from the basic problem: The
modem!

But Neo900 died and noone knows to where all the money has gone to that
they collected.

And meanwhile times have changed to be even worse: Not only that people
don't consider about the trustworthiness of their phone. No, they now even
buy phones and watches that measure their health state, by constantly
transmitting data about heartbeat, temperature, skin resistance and so on
to many fancy servers all around the world. Noone of them worries about
the possible consequences. So we're consequently walking into scenarios
like these:

The GPS of your phone transmits that you entered a supermarket. The health
sensors suddenly transmit that your heartbeat and your temperature is
rising and your skin resistance is falling. Some fancy server transmits an
alert message to the security of the supermarket because it assumes that
you have stolen something. They come to you in order to search your
clothes and don't believe you that you only got a hay fever attac at the
flower storage rack.

So who wants still support QtMoko2?

Perhaps best thing would be to read the book "The Shockwave Rider" from
John Brunner (again) and by this time reconsider that mankind manged to
organize itself without mobile phone for thousands of years:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

The picture on the cover of the German version already tells everything,
so I attached it...

Best regards
   Sven