Short answer yes. For the long answer read on:
I've been using D3 for about a year and have been very pleased.
I initially looked at Mgtd and it made no sense to me.  Although I
must say I happened to look at Mgtd again a couple of days ago and
had moment of clarity where I could appreciate its elegance.  Still, I
think I still prefer how you can arrange a project quickly within a
single tiddler in D3.  From what I understand of Mgtd projects are
solely reference through tags cross references.  D3' linear nature
feels more comfortable to me at this point anyway.

Quick hint. Learn about the D3 short hand to enter a tiddler directly
in edit mode
..Put you action here|@home_computer
This works real nice.

I do a lot a vb programming as well as working in C++.  But I haven't
really worked with Css or javascript.  Up until recently, I've been
using D3 without any programming.  I started getting gucci within the
last month or so which did need some macros. Tom Otvos (who packaged
D3) was very helpful and helped me through it.

I think you'll do just fine not knowing how to program using D3. I
think if you run into a problem people on this group will help you
out. Give it a try.. If it doesn't work try again, ask or try
something else. :)

Regards,
JT