Some more info:

I cannot save a new mGSD-file either. I download, and open with Firefox,
and immediately try to save. Same error.

When trying to save with Google Chrome, I get the message that the
icedtea-plugin is too old. However, doing an apt-get upgrade gives me no
new java-related packages to install.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Magnus