On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 21:31 -0400, Rick Sutphin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a noob to GTK+ programming, and GUI programming in general. I have
> worked through the example, and done a few simple programs of my own.
>
> I would like to improve my programs. Particularly I would like to do
> away with , or at least reduce, the mumber of global variables. I would
> also like to make my code more modular and object oriented.  Can anyone
> recommend any good examples, or simple programs, that I could study to
> learn good GTK+ coding practices?

The practice I have found useful is to make extensive use of GObject.  I
normally define a GObject for my application let this hold variables
that would normally be defined globally, as well as references to other
objects that the applications needs.

I originally saw this style of coding in Gossip[1], but I am sure that
it has been used in many other applications.  The code for Gossip is
very clean and easy to read.

Keith.

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gossip/ or
    http://www.imendio.com/projects/gossip/