Greetings again...  Geeze I'm asking a lot today.  ;)

Back onto the GtkTextViews...  After the wonderful responces from my query re:
drawing a line across a text view, I now have a reasonably simple piece of code
to do it automagically, except that it only supports one line per GtkTreeView
at a time.  So I've partially written a GObject to do it in a much more
flexible fashion...

My plan MkI; create a GtkBufferThinRedLine, feeding it an iter anywhere on the
line you want to mark, and viola!  Instant thin red line.  Next step was to
make it a general solution for drawing lines across the page with variable
colour, thickness, pattern, alignment within the line, etc...  Kind of
tooltip-ish in internal makeup...

But, there's a little problem.  I have to tie it to the GtkTextView, not to the
GtkTextBuffer.  It's not a big issue -- it's not too hard to add a "bind to
view" command.  But while we're talking about it, I don't suppose anyone knows
of a "connected to GtkTextView"-style signal so I can make the connection
automatic, do they?

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.  Otherwise I'll just carry on as
I'm going...  :)

Fredderic