On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 08:44 +0200, Olaf Leidinger wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > Unfortunately, I'm not familiar on how to download files from the Gnome CVS
> > site.  Could you briefly explain how I would accomplish this download?
> >

> Have a look at
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html
>
> In your case, open a terminal and write the following:
>
> export CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/gnome
>
> cvs login
> (just press return)
>
> cvs -z3 checkout libegg
>

> Hope that helps,
>
> Ciao,
>
> Olaf Leidinger
>

> --Signature=_Thu__6_Apr_2006_08_44_54_+0200_n936KMQb7FNESTuF--

Bob,

Follow the above instructions - its painless.

1. the export command
2. the cvs login command with carraige-return or enter for a password
3. the cvs checkout command to actually copy the files to your current
directory
4. done - change directory to ./libegg/libegg/tray/ to see the files.

Note with minor adjustments I use the files as-is.

Design note: notification area icons work a little differently on other
none-gnome platforms.  If you need three icons for your app, create
three whole icons.  Don't do like I did - I created a single vbox and
packed three icons into it.  Worked fine on gnome, got truncated to one
icon worth of space/size on xfce, darwin, and kde.

James,