On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:48 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi!!
> I need to create a window with an status bar and an open dialog.
> Each time i select a file,i want to write into the status bar this two
> sentences:
> "Opening filename..."
> and then after the processing time
> "File open"
>
> How can i do it??

gint context_id =
  gtk_statusbar_get_context_id (GTK_STATUSBAR(statusbar),"default");

gtk_statusbar_push (statusbar, context_id, "Opening filename...");

// open file

// get out "Opening filename..." from the stack (statusbar stack I mean)
gtk_statusbar_pop (statusbar, context_id);

gtk_statusbar_push (statusbar, context_id, "File open(ed)");

> I'm trying but the only sentence that is written is the last one."File
> Open".
> Thanks a lot.

May be the file open operation is so quick that you only see the last
message ?

Regards
--
Iago Rubio