On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 08:50:56AM +0200, Atanas Atanasov wrote:
> It worked but I would say partially. I tested with a GtkCheckButton
> and its appearance is a shaded tick. However I cannot see how I can
> get and set the "third" state.  Is the button supposed to change its
> state automatically as it does with not-inconsistent buttons or I have
> to receive the pressed and released and change the state accordingly
> up to my preference.

Is the documentation so unclear?

    Normally you would turn off the inconsistent state again
    if the user toggles the toggle button. This has to be
    done manually, gtk_toggle_button_set_inconsistent() only
    affects visual appearance, it doesn't affect the
    semantics of the button.

> I would like to know whether the button
> is pressed at some moment or not. I could not find a function which
> returns this aspect of the button state. Is there any other solution
> apart from trapping pressed and released and keeping a flag of the
> state.

Is the documentation so unclear?

    The state of a GtkToggleButton can be set specifically
    using gtk_toggle_button_set_active(), and retrieved
    using gtk_toggle_button_get_active().

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.