And the DFB backend was indeed found to be broken by the gtk-gnome
Debian team when they tried to build a DFB flavour of GTK for use in the
debian-installer.
Is there a way to check if the DirctFB backend builds correctly before a
major GTK relase, like (i guess) is done for X and win32 backends?

cheers

Attilio