Good day, new to the list and GTK+ in general.

I am formerly a Macintosh developer. Currently however I am now working
on Objective C bindings for GTK+. I am currently looking at the
documentation for the run loop which I have found located at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/sec-mainloop.html .

My question is, I need to implement the autorelease pool's run loop hook
that basically runs once every run loop cycle and frees memory. So far
guint gtk_idle_add(GtkFunction function, gpointer data); looks the most
promising for this purpose. However, being new to this library I would
like to get the opinions of those who are more experianced whether there
is a better -- or more appropriate place for me to put this code.

Thank you for your time,

Dan Saul