I suppose somebody else must have come across this issue -- and if
so I'd be grateful for any ideas.

I have a treeview in which GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE is enabled.
And there's a meaning attached to dragging elements from this
treeview to another window.

The design problem is that if the user has selected multiple
elements in the treeview (using shift- or ctrl-click), and then
she presses the mouse button to start a drag, that press undoes
the multiple selection, and only the element directly under the
mouse pointer actually gets dragged.  Is there a "standard" way of
handling this?

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics