Was wondering if anybody has any idea(s) why the code below would seem
to work fine on GTK/X11 (at least I don't see any error messages), but
fail on GTK/DirectFB? When the application is exited by hitting the
"Quit" button, I receive the following error message:

*** glibc detected *** TextDemo: double free or corruption (out): 0x4035b1b0 ***

I'm trying to figure out if this is a GTK related problem (i.e., I'm
doing something wrong with GTK) or a problem with GTK/DirectFB. Thanks
in advance for any suggestions / help.

[code]
#include "common.h"

GtkWidget* main_window;

static gboolean destroy_event(GtkWidget* widget, void* data)
{
        gtk_main_quit();
        return FALSE;
}

static void button_click_event(void)
{
        gtk_widget_destroy(main_window);
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
        GtkWidget *text_view, *box, *button;

        // initialize multi-threading within GLib
        g_thread_init(NULL);

        // initialize multi-threading within GDK
        gdk_threads_init();

        // acquire thread lock
        gdk_threads_enter();
        gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

        // create main window
        main_window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
        if (main_window == NULL)
                abort();
        g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(main_window), "destroy",
G_CALLBACK(destroy_event), NULL);
        gtk_widget_show(main_window);

        box = gtk_vbox_new(FALSE, 5);
        if (box == NULL)
                abort();
        gtk_widget_show(box);
        gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(main_window), box);

        text_view = gtk_text_view_new();
        if (text_view == NULL)
                abort();
        gtk_widget_show(text_view);
        gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box), text_view, TRUE, TRUE, 5);

        button = gtk_button_new_with_label("Quit");
        if (button == NULL)
                abort();
        g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(button), "clicked",
G_CALLBACK(button_click_event), NULL);
        gtk_widget_show(button);
        gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(box), button, TRUE, TRUE, 5);

        // run the main loop
        gtk_main();

        // release thread lock
        gdk_threads_leave();