Brian J. Tarricone on 07/09/2009 03:45 PM wrote:

> I think the sshfs guys might beg to differ with you on that one.  As
> would anyone who uses subversion or git (etc.) over ssh.  Or anyone
> who's tunneled various protocols using ssh's port forwarding.

That's off-topic. I'm not ignorant to those use cases.

> And here I was thinking that the entire point of writing computer
> programs was so we could be lazy.

Note my word *extreme*. I'm all for easy programming -- but it sounded
like the OP wanted to write three function calls and be done.

> Anyway, Thomas: as long as you're able to parse the responses you get
> from the server, using g_spawn_async_with_pipes() and probably
> GIOChannel, you should be able to do what you want.
>
> It probably would be more reliable to write your own TLS server and
> client, but might not be faster or easier.  I'm not sure about the win32
> issues, though.

There should be zero win32 issues. One of my Win32 apps uses a GTK gui
to talk to a Linux server daemon using XML-ized data packets. Not
exactly the same but it works perfectly.