On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Michal Suchanek <hramr...@centrum.cz> wrote:
> On 4 September 2011 12:32, Tristan Van Berkom <t...@gnome.org> wrote:
>> Its a bug that needs to be fixed in Glade.
>>
>> You can remove the line that says n-rows safely fwiw
>
> I don't think that an extra property would break the widget, the
> warning should be harmless.

Anything that GtkBuilder encounters that is unrecognized (unrecognized
xml tags, properties and even unknown/inexistant GObject properties) cause
GtkBuilder to either abort or fail to parse.

>> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Bernhard Schuster
>> <schuster.bernh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> I am using a gtk-builder file for my application, which uses a Grid
>>> widget for layouting. When I run the application, I read this:
>>>
>>> Gtk-WARNING **: Unknown property: GtkGrid.n-rows
>>>
>>> and the grid is not shown (nor its contents)
>
> Are you by any chance using glade 3.10?
>
> That won't work.

No Glade earlier than 3.10 allows you to edit a GtkGrid, however
the Grid implementation is based on the old GtkTable implementation.

To remove the erronously serialized n-rows/n-columns properties from
GtkGrid in Glade we first need to add some code to the GtkGrid deserialization
routine to "guess" the span in row/columns based on the span of all children
and number/position of added placeholders.

Cheers,
            -Tristan