>________________________________

you can use gtk_get_action_area() to get the GtkBox that that is the action
area, that itself contains the buttons.  I believe you can then get all the
child widgets, which would be the GtkButtons.

The  docs for GtkDialog describes it some, but doesn't talk about getting the
buttons.  I think you would have to go to the page for GtkBox for how to get
the children.

-lsd