On 22 June 2012 01:50, James Morris <jwm.art....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can anyone give any pointers as to what might be happening?
>
> I've found the culprit, or put another way, I've found what to comment
> out to fix the problem.
>
> In my custom_widget_realize callback it has the following code which
> if I comment out the last three lines of, the problem resolves:
>
>    window = gtk_widget_get_parent_window (widget);
>    gtk_widget_set_window(widget, window);
>    g_object_ref (window);
>
>    style = gtk_widget_get_style(widget);
>    style = gtk_style_attach(style, window);
>    gtk_widget_set_style(widget, style);

Ok I discovered that solution to cause an alternative problem:
 Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_detach: assertion `style->attach_count
> 0' failed

Which caused me to the first two of the last three lines (ie without
gtk_widget_set_style).

The docs for gtk_style_attach say:
"Since this function may return a new object, you have to use it in
the following way: style = gtk_style_attach (style, window)"

So what am I meant to do with it?

thanks
james.