Background info: My program uses a file chooser dialog. I compiled it for the
first time today on a 64-bit machine with Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit with gtk-3-dev.
My program is run as root. I've been using it extensively on 32-bit machine
with libtgtk2.0-dev and Ubuntu 10.04 with no errors.

When I use the file chooser dialog, the following three errors appear on stdout:

(myprogram:2755): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into
`/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file
'/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.PLPWHW': No such file or directory

(myprogram:2755): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of
`/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(myprogram:2755): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into
`/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file
'/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.5R5GHW': No such file or directory

(myprogram:2755): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of
`/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

Any ideas? A google search comes up completely dry (!! when did that happen
last? weird) as does a Yahoo search. Dead end, it would seem. I'm certainly not
at all keen to muck around in /root/.

Can this have something to do with running as root? It didn't throw errors for
32-bit with libgtk2.0-dev.

Dave