On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 06:58:04PM +0100, Rudra Banerjee wrote:
> As the treeview is loaded from a file, in my program, new entries can
> also be entered. It writes to the Treeview, as well as in a file using:
>
> strAuth = gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(e->entryAuth));
>
> /*Entering the data in Treeview */
>   gtk_list_store_append(store, &siter);
>   gtk_list_store_set(store, &siter,
>                       COL_BIB_KEY, strkey,
>                       COL_BIB_TYPE, strcombo,
>                       COL_BIB_NAME, strAuth,
>                       COL_BIB_YEAR, strYear,
>                       COL_BIB_PUB, strTitle,
>                       -1);
> /*Entering the data in file */
> if( strlen(strEditor)!=0)
>     g_fprintf( fop, "\tEditor=\"%s\",\n", strAuth);
> ...etc...
>

> Now, my question is, can this two entry be linked such that if I delete
> an entry from treeview, it will also delete the entry from file(fop).

In principle, certainly: by loading the entire file, parsing it, finding
the corresponding line, deleting it and saving the file again.  Or, if
the file ‘cannot’ change on-disk meanwhile, just by re-generating the
file from the treeview and saving it.

For a saner use you need an API for handling of these files, similar to
GKeyFile for .ini files.  Apparently you are trying to process BibTeX
files.  Although there is no shortage of tools working with BibTeX files
and even a few attempts to create a reusable BibTeX file handling
library have been made (btOOl, ...), I cannot really recommend any
parser.  Maybe others know some.

Regards,

Yeti