On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 02:35:31PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> in this "popup" dialog I would have a few words that the
> "file does not exist" and want a button WITH the "Enter-key"
> icon that gives an iconic clue that all the user need do is
> hit the enter key.  I suppose if the users could, if they wished,
> mouse-click on the button.

I cannot speak for your target audience but according to my experience
(a) if people see a message box with a single button (probably with some
    visual clue that it has focus) they will just press Enter or Esc to
    make it go away, or
(b) if people see a button they will always use the pointer to click on
    the button no matter what other, possibly much simpler, means may be
    available to activate it.
This is a strict division with little between.  There is no way to
migrate people from (b) to (a), you can try for years with no effect.
So targetting those between you may find you are targetting a group of
size zero.

Just my 2 eurocents...

Yeti