On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 04:25:53PM -0500, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> That it's easier for the programmers to create and read
> application-specific binary files is a problem that would be worth
> fixing.

Probably you mean replacing it with the problem of application-specific
hodge podge XML...

I have implemented the import of ~80 data formats of varying complexity
and style to one program.  I have seen both utterly mad binary formats
and binary formats that were well thought out and pleasure to implement.
But XML was crap quite invariably.  It appears to be used as an excuse
for not thinking about data representation at all.

Yeti