On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 16:25:50 -0700
Kip Warner <k...@thevertigo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-04-20 at 23:35 +0100, Chris Vine wrote:
> > If you have a main loop running, this is completely unnecessary,
> > unless you are doing something to block the loop, which you
> > shouldn't do.
>
> Hey Chris. Although your response was not particularly constructive,
> I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I am doing something
> unnecessary to block the loop which I should not do. Take a look at
> the method defined at 287:

Thank you for your condescension: an interesting way of asking for help.

The code to which you refer does not block, so something else is
blocking the loop. The point you need to understand is that in normal
code there will very rarely be a reason to call "while
Gtk.events_pending(): Gtk.main_iteration()" in a well behaved
application (although that call does not appear in the file to which
you refer), and it would need special justification and explanation.
Furthermore your original posting appeared to indicate ("including the
following within it...") that those iteration calls were made in some
idle handler somewhere, which on the face of it is pointless.

Clearly you are doing something wrong, probably at the design level.
The answer I gave is that most that anyone could give you in the light
of your somewhat incomplete and ambiguous posting.

Chris