On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 03:29:07PM +0800, Wiky wrote:
>  The default GtkWindow has a minimize , a maximize and a close button in the
> right or left top coner.
> But I want a window which only has a close button. How can I remove the
> minimize and maximize button?

You can't.  In my window manager the windows may have a completely
different set of buttons.  Or no title bar at all.  Or whatever.  And
the window manager has the last word.

You can override the "decoration-button-layout" style property, but you
need 3.10+ and it will only work in something like GNOME 3 anyway.

The meaningful thing you can do is setting the window type hint with
gdk_window_get_type_hint() (and possibly other hints) to specify what
the window *is* instead, and let the window manager treat it
appropriately and consistently with other widows with the same role.

Yeti