I created an Gtk3 application in C for configuring measurement as my school
work. There is a notebook and its tabs contains large fomulars containing many
special tables. Each table (GtkGrid) has many cells, containing some entries,
butons, labels, and combo boxes.
When I tested program on forms containing altogether about 500 cells it was OK.
Now I tested this program on real data which contains 2000-4000 cells. Creating
form spend about 3-4 sec, it is a bit slow, but it corresponding with many of
data. The problem is destroying form. It take 20-30 sec. The application is
unusable, my work is bad...
I discovered - the time spended to destroing one widget is in proportion to
count of widget remaining in entire application (all tabs). Is there some
interaction before destroyed widget and the rest of widgets? Is there any way
to accelerate closing forms?

I looked on gtk_tree_view, but it not much suitable for this kind of data. Also
I need activate cell by first mouse click and moving in row by TAB (similarly
as spreadsheet).

Thanks much.