I believe (I think) signals and properties are found at build time by
starting up your library and walking the classes you define.

You need to add a bit more machinery to your Makefile.am to help it
run g-ir-scanner for you. There's a page on the wiki about this:

https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/GObjectIntrospection/AutotoolsIntegration?action=show

I couldn't see most of that stuff in your project, perhaps I missed it.

John