To someone willing to help,

 1) Following the example Listing 4.10 of the GTK+ Development book
filechooserbuttons.c I have created a filechooser button and label, which are
attached to a grid rather than a box. When clicked a "dialogue" appears, I can
then navigate directories to the filtered files, highlight the selected files,
but when double-clicked or press 'open', nothing happens. That is, the
path/filename is displayed in the label and the selected filename is displayed
in the button but the file is not opened. How do I open the file?

2) I would like to activate/de-activate spinbuttons depending on whether
certain other selections have been made (with other integer spinbuttons). I
have tried using gtk_widget_set_sensitive ( GtkWidget *widget, gboolean
sensitive) but get compilation warning: unknown type name 'gtk_widget_set'. I'm
using GTK3. Any clues?

3) I've built a GUI coded in C without using a builder.ui file and would like
to make it into a stand-alone application, preferably all 'hand' coded, how do
I do this? I'm having difficulty following the example in the documentation
because it uses a buider.ui file, I am unsure of the form of the main() format,
and I can't locate
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/examples/application2/exampleappwin.c

Thanks,
Roger Matthews