On 16-06-06 05:05 PM, Rena wrote:
On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Kamalpreet Grewal <grewalkamal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I am developing a dialog box. I have added a treeview and two buttons in
it.

Adding the treeview to the scrolled window using:
_mainBox.pack_start(_scrolledWindow, Gtk::PACK_EXPAND_WIDGET);
where _mainBox is a Gtk::VBox.

The problem is I am getting empty space above the treeview. Why is it
so? As per the packing option used, the treeview should expand to fill
the widget space available to it.

Please help me fix this issue.

--
Kamalpreet Kaur Grewal
Blog: http://kamalpreetgrewal.com/

It's hard to say without seeing more of the code. I will note that
Gtk::VBox is deprecated (use Gtk::Box and specify an orientation) and
Gtk::Box::pack_start() expects four parameters (box, expand, fill,
padding), unless Gtk::PACK_EXPAND_WINDOW is some macro that expands to
multiple values.

I agree. Give more detail. Are you using Gtk::Dialog or Gtk::MessageDialog? Are you packing into the content area or the action area? What scrolled window are you referring to?