Hi Roger,

A little while back I was testing something similar with
g_spawn_async_with_pipes(). It is neither mission-critical or meticulous but
something I was just testing for the possible use with gnuplot. There is a
driver.c and a worker.c program. The driver spawns the worker and sets up some
communication. You just need to set the location path of the worker in
driver.c. Sort of simple but I had some trouble figuring out how some of this
worked so... it might be helpful.

https://github.com/cecashon/OrderedSetVelociRaptor/tree/master/Misc/Pipes

I haven't used GSubprocess and don't know of a short starter there.

Eric