Big thanks to Eric Cashon and LuckyB.C.,

                                                                        the
"width" and "height" <properties> problem is certainly solved, I have also
copied, changed and adapted the code from the link in the email by LuckyBC,
included bits of Eric's code, as well as much of my own code, this works very
nicely, having just worked out how to connect and pass data from newly-added
spinbuttons to the change_drawing and drawing functions, then produce my own
drawings.

.....and yes, I will make the appropriate acknowledgments as set out in the
open source legal framework.

Thanks again,

Roger Matthews.