Hi, you're wrong about GtkTreeView did! Let's have more detail about what a
GtkTreeView <https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkTreeView.html> can
do, here we go:

1) GtkTreeView can use more one GtkTreeModel
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkTreeModel.html>.

2) GtkTreeModel is implemented by GtkListStore
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkListStore.html>,
GtkTreeModelFilter
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkTreeModelFilter.html>,
GtkTreeModelSort
<https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkTreeModelSort.html> and
GtkTreeStore <https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkTreeStore.html>.

3) GtkList ... GtkTreeStore are what you need in the case.