On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 09:25:44AM -0000, psp...@mail.bg wrote:
> During the development of my program I came across one drawing glitch that
> I was unable to solve. I am using GtkRevealer to show and hide a GtkInfoBar
> above another box holding a scrolled window with a GtkTextView (actually
> GtkSourceView) a lot like it is in gedit. The whole thing is packed in a
> GtkPaned.
>
> When I hide the infobar through the revealer, a black area in the text view
> appears and it disappears when a redrawing of the widget must occur (for
> instance when I click on the text view to place the cursor) Additionally,
> this glitch does not appear if I enlarge the default resolution of the
> window, which for compatibility reasons is 640x480. I understand that this
> may be hard to reproduce, but I am unaware who encountered the same
> problem. He maybe knows a workaround to this issue. Also any idea is
> welcome. I will draw exactly how the glitch looks on gedit (although it
> doesn't happen in gedit or it does but I cannot hit the correct
> resolution).
>
> https://i.stack.imgur.com/jHONx.png

I've often seen this bug in Polari, which also uses GtkTextView.
Usually it happened while I was resizing the window.  Sometimes it would
happen when new IRC messages were appearing.

I've checked https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues briefly but
couldn't find an existing bug, so perhaps nobody has reported it
upstream.

(I don't have the energy to report it today, especially since I don't
have a reliable procedure of reproducing it.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Lutetium is the heaviest and hardest of the rare earth metals, and is used in
the production of umlauts and other fraktur font features.