On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 12:35:57AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> I have now created a glib-2-34 branch, so master is now open for
> ... GTask ...

Is this also intended, at least in the future, for things like
long-running calculations that need some monitoring/reporting of
progress not just the final result?  I mean, some monitoring can be
always implemented on top of GTask but once I get my hands dirty with
explicit asynchronous communication I can implement that directly on top
of GThread as well.  I always look hopefully at the asynchronous
interfaces in GLib with hope, however, the intended use cases do not
seem to match mine...

Thanks,

Yeti