Hi,

Speaking as a consumer of the MSVC project files, is it too much to
ask for contributors to maintain the project files statically and
update them whenever they update the makefiles? There is no need to do
this in VS or even Windows; the vcxproj file is easy to maintain via a
text editor.

It seems to me, Fan, that you're suggesting a (perhaps limited)
autotools simulator in Python to convert the original makefile into a
MSVC project file? It sounds like it would be very error-prone and
require a lot of special-casing for individual projects (as Shixin's
e-mail seems to suggest also).

Regards,
Arnav