On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM, Emmanuele Bassi <eba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi;
>
> I'd like to point out that this is a build-time requirement for
> libepoxy only: if the app does not use GLX on the Apple X server, then
> the GLX code is never even loaded.
>
> it'd be nice to have a libepoxy build that does not require X11 on
> MacOS, but that would make it harder to have applications linking
> against libepoxy run on the X server on that platform. whether or not
> that is a long term strategy is a discussion worth having with Eric.

The officially supported way to build the GTK stack on OSX uses jhbuild,
and this is also how Gnome applications like Gedit build their app bundles
[1]. So building a stripped-down libepoxy shouldn't affect any other
applications who would want to use libepoxy's X11 capabilities outside of
the jhbuild environment.

I guess it's another story for those wanting to build GTK via Homebrew,
Macports, or other similar systems, though.

On 19 November 2014 08:10, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpie...@mecheye.net> wrote:
> > Yeah, this is an unfortunate bug with libepoxy right now. There's a PR on
> > GitHub if you want to see if that fixes it.
> >
> > https://github.com/anholt/libepoxy/pull/28

It did, thanks!

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/jessevdk/2014/09/02/gedit-3-14-for-os-x-preview/

--