On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM Olivier Fourdan <four...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apps that cannot or don't know how to
> do CSD would still be decorated, just like now => The final word still
> remains to the applications, just like now.

What about apps that rely on CSD for part of their UI? Will those have the
final word as well, or are they just screwed?

> I am willing to work on patches for that on my spare time (I do expect
> these to be minimal)

If the DE has the final word on whether apps are allowed to use CSD, then a
lot of GNOME applications would need an alternative UI,  which is not a
minimal change.
On the other hand if the app has the final word, then they already have the
option to provide a different UI in different environments[0] ...

[0] https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/AlternateMenubarLayout