Not too much time to get involved on this, but I will at least make the
obvious question:

On 26/02/18 11:49, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
> So, I also saw the removal of generic modules.
> Unfortunately we currently need it for implementing perfect zoom feature
> :)
> The context is that visual-impaired users need magnification of the
> desktop. Changing font sizes / dpi etc. have their limit, at some point
> we need to just have a zoomed view of a piece of the screen. Currently
> compiz' ezoom takes the piece of the screen, and magnify it to show it
> on the screen, with obviously awful pixelization effects.
> Our idea was very similar to gtk-vector-screenshot : instead of taking
> the output as it is displayed on the screen, get a module loaded within
> the application, with which ezoom can discuss to make the application
> produce a magnified rendering of its window, which ezoom can then show
> in the magnification glass, thus getting perfect zoom.
> Without module loading, I don't know how to implement it :) Or perhaps
> this could be added as an AT-SPI interface?

Being added as an AT-SPI interface would depend on what API do you need.
You previously mention that you have a module that "discuss" with ezoom.
What that discussion involves? Are you able to express it as an API?