On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 7:41 AM, Timothy Ward <gtwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a good tutorial or reference material on gtk gobject "c"
> coding.
>
> 1) Explaining in detail the whole process from what should be in
> header files and source files, structure declarations, boiler plate
> code the stages of object creation and dispose and finalize functions.
> What each function actually does and the interaction between them.
>
> Google search info is fragmented in this respect.
>
> Also any tutorial or reference material on gobject "c" coding without
> using the boiler plate code and supporting glue etc.

If you can do video, Christian Hergert did a presentation on creating
GObjects:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_EBEr0fxI - it uses a lot of the newer
macro magic to reduce the boilerplate down to the bare minimum.

But the documentation and source code are really canonical - in my opinion
you
will learn a lot more from reading existing code than anything else, as
there have
been a few different paradigms over the years and depending on the age of
the
project you may see different code/macros in use.

-A. Walton