Hi, guys,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 3:21 PM richard boaz <ivor.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry, typing too fast and missed the word *not*, should have read:
>
> so no functionality was *not* lost between 2 and 3....

Unfortunately thats not how it looks here.
When I create a control with GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE and just click on
the item - it works just like single selection.
In order to select multiple strings I have to press Ctrl key.

Does it work for you?
Maybe some other code here prevents it to work like this?

Thank you.

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 4:20 PM richard boaz <ivor.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> i think you're getting confused:
>>
>> from the GTK-3 manual explaining how this option:
>>
>> GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE
>> Any number of elements may be selected. The Ctrl key may be used to enlarge
>> the selection, and Shift key to select between the focus and the child
>> pointed to. Some widgets may also allow Click-drag to select a range of
>> elements.
>>
>> in other words, what you want (different ways to select multiple records)
>> all happens with the single enum specifier GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE.  i can
>> also confirm this is also how it works in GTK-2.
>>
>> so no functionality was lost between 2 and 3, and gtk also agrees with all
>> those other platforms you cite (assuming you're referring to available
>> functionality, as opposed to exactly how the enums are named... ;)
>>
>> the example you coded didn't work like this?
>>
>> richard
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 4:04 PM Igor Korot via gtk-list <gtk-list@gnome.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I didn't look at the code. I just followed the documentation.

>>> OK.

>>> Well, there are multiple scenarios.
>>> 1. Just clicking on the item.
>>> 2. Clicking on the item with the Ctrl key pressed