I am trying to wrap a simple structure from libgda package. I followed some
examples and documentation and was able to implement all get/set methods
via _MEMBER_GET macros. The generated code looks exactly as I would expect
for c++ get/set:

const T& get_some()const;
void set_some(const T&);

My question about getter. It looks like I return a reference for the
temporary created object, which is not good. Do you think getter should
return Glib::RefPtr<>? It is a little uncommon for c++ in my opinion. Does
it cause any performance degradation by creating a RefPtr object and
returning it?

As an example, we may consider a simple struct:
struct Person {
char *fname;
char *lname;
};