> Why doesn't someone that is interested create a second list, a trivia list
of
> sorts, that could be a forum for idle banter and motorcycle related info
that
> is not directly GTS? Then, those interested in social affairs have an
> appropriate place to meet and exchange.

I know of what you speak.  There have been times when I've been
frustrated by the banter on here, generating the volume of mail.
But it's worse on other lists.  The Vmax list broke into two
lists, and that's caused more problems than it's solved.  Now
some belong to one list, some bleong to the other, and some
belong to both so we can see everything.  Why?  People wind up
posting tech info/questions to BOTH lists.  To not be on one list
would be to miss some tech stuff.  And then there's the extra
duplication of messages: Some prople post the same question to
both lists, so you wind up seeing the message threads twice.

Considering how little traffic we're getting these days, I'm
happy to have one list, stay in digest mode, and scroll through
one message a day.

 -K

 Kelly Cash                                        Main: 408-727-5497
 Solid Data Systems                                 FAX: 408-727-5496
 2945 Oakmead Village Court                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Santa Clara, CA  95051                             www.soliddata.com