Henry, I hate the scratches as well.  So what I have done since my first
bike is to have a soft key tag and only the bike key on that ring.
Problem solved.

But then you may say, what if I lose the key.  I always have a spare
hidden on it somewhere.  Just don't tell anyone.

I really can't understand those people who think they have to have all
of their keys on one ring and then expect not to scratch stuff.

My .02

Grant